The Office of City Clerk is responsible for:
- Administering all municipal legislative processes;
- Serving as custodian of all official City records and administering City-wide Records Management Program including optical imaging system for long-term storage;
- Providing open access to public records;
- Providing research support to the City Commission and staff;
- Coordinating municipal elections' administration;
- Coordinating the Commission and City Advisory Boards' agenda process;
- Maintaining an accurate record of the proceedings of City Commission and Advisory Board/Committee meetings;
- Preparing all legal advertisements and recording official City documents with the Clerk of the Circuit Court;
- Overseeing codification of municipal ordinances;
- Managing City's switchboard, reception area and centralized mail processing; and
- Performing administrative functions as specified per the City Charter and Florida Statutes, along with other duties related to community relations, special projects/events, voter education and citizen needs.
- What is Deltona’s current population?
97,267 (US Census Bureau website). Deltona is currently the largest municipality within Volusia County.
- When and where does the City Commission meet?
The City Commission meets in regular sessions on the first and third Mondays of each month, at 6:30 pm with the Public Forum starting at 6 pm in the City Commission Chambers, 2345 Providence Boulevard, Deltona, with the exception of recognized holidays which fall on Mondays in which case the meeting is usually moved to Tuesday. Workshops are held on the second and fourth Monday of each month as needed, at 5:30 pm in the City Commission Chambers, 2345 Providence Boulevard, Deltona. Special meetings of the City Commission are held as needed with locations, dates, and times varying. All meeting agendas and their corresponding back-up material are available on the City's Official Website approximately five days prior to the meeting date. For more information, contact the City Clerk's Office at 386-878-8500.
- How do I obtain a copy of the City Commission meeting agenda?
All meeting agendas and their corresponding back-up material are available on the City's Official Website by clicking on “Agendas and Minutes” on the homepage approximately five days prior to the meeting date. Agendas are also sent to all City facility locations, the Deltona Regional Library, and are faxed to local media. If you are unable to obtain a copy of the agenda from any of these locations or on this website, contact the City Clerk’s Office at 386-878-8500.