Prepare your Deltona business for growth with the assistance of the economic development office. They offer support in site selection, tours, and navigating regulations for tailored solutions. Explore the listed resources for effective business planning and market research.
- American Community Survey - A new nationwide survey with annual updates designed to provide communities a fresh look at how they are changing. Focus on 800 geographical areas profiles and rankings.
- American Factfinder - User-friendly source for census information on population, housing, geographic or economic data. Search for Fact Sheets on your community by zip code, city/town, county or state.
- Bureau of Economic Analysis - Bureau of Economic Analysis Regional Facts. Narrative analysis for states, counties, metropolitan statistical areas (MSAs), and BEA Economic Areas: area's personal income using current estimates, growth rates, and a breakdown of the sources of personal income.
- Business Insurance - A comprehensive guide.
- County Business Patterns - Search for business data by county, by ZIP Code or by MSA (metropolitan statistical area).
- Economic Indicators - Here's where to find the leading economic indicators as they are updated. Housing starts, household income, manufacturers' shipments, inventories and orders, construction spending and more.
- Score - Free counseling assistance is available to anyone seeking to start a business or need information on how to grow their business.
- Virtual Entrepreneur Center - Information for new and growing businesses through the Volusia/Flagler Higher Education Consortium.
Other Important Links
- Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulations
- Better Business Bureau - Better Business Bureaus can alert you to complaints against companies in your area.
- Deltona Area Chamber of Commerce
- West Volusia Regional Chamber of Commerce - A not for profit organization representing a broad-based coalition of businesses from throughout Central Florida.
- Volusia County Economic Development Office - Everything your growing business needs.
- Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services - Businesses that sell or serve food or food products must be inspected by either the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (800-435-7352) or by the Division of Hotel and Restaurant Commission 407-623-1240) prior to obtaining an Occupational License. The Division of Hotel and Restaurant Commission is located at:
940 W Morse Boulevard
Winter Park, FL 32789
- Fictitious Name Registration - Anyone conducting business in the State of Florida must file a Fictitious Name Registration with the State of Florida as per Florida Statute section 865.09. This applies to anyone conducting business and using a business name that does not fall under the State of Florida exemption guidelines. For further information, contact the State of Florida Fictitious Name Department at 850-245-6058.
- Corporations - Corporations are filed with the Secretary of State. Call 850-245-6052 for further information. Out-of-state corporations must register with the Secretary of State if they intend to use their corporate name. For further information, call 850-245-6051.
- State Sales Tax - State Sales Tax numbers are issued by the Florida Department of Revenue. Their local office is located at:
5420 Diplomat Circle
Orlando, FL 32810
For further information, call 407-623-1141.
- Federal Taxes - Federal I.D. numbers are issued by the Internal Revenue Service. For further information, call 800-829-1040.
- State Licensing - State licensing requirements can be obtained by calling the Consumer Services Department at 800-435-7352.
- Workman's Compensation - Information can be obtained by calling the Orlando office of the Department of Labor at 407-245-0758.
- Florida First Capital Finance Corporation - Promotes and assists the growth and development of small businesses.
- U.S. Small Business Administration - Programs and services to help you start to grow and succeed.
- Florida Black Business Investment Board - Financing for black-owned businesses.
- Florida Trend's Small Business Magazine
- Office of Supplier Diversity - A specialized team within the Division of State Purchasing that is available to help improve business opportunities for Florida-based woman-, veteran- and minority-owned small businesses. Dedicated to supporting our clients through entrepreneurial and business development, seminars and workshops, access to capital, management, and technical assistance, individual consulting, contract matchmaking, program management, construction services, community advocacy and through our partnerships with other technical assistance providers on local, state and federal levels.
- Career Source Flagler-Volusia - The Career Source is a state-funded program provides a variety of services for employers and employees. The One Stop office helps match employees with employers and provides various employee training. They are located at:
Career Source Flagler-Volusia
846 Saxon Boulevard
Orange City, FL 32763
For further information, call 386-473-7970.
- SBA Small Business Guides
- SBA (Small Business Development Center) - The U.S. Small Business Administration and the State of Florida pay the Florida SBDC to provide no-cost business assistance, research resources and skills training to Volusia County businesses.